Please click here for more information about who I am and why I do this.
The text shown after 1), 2), 3) and 4) is copied exactly from the BBC's daily JV Show web page and I acknowledge their copyright of this text.
The "Find out more..." links to web pages referred to by the JV Show web page are available by clicking on the text following 1), 2), 3) and 4).
"Find out more..." text is only included here when it refers to a non-BBC web page link.
You can follow my occasional postings on Twitter at @JVineBlogMan although @TheJeremyVine has blocked me from following him.
I am subject to the BBC's "expedited complaints handling process" (meaning I'll be ignored) for two years from 25/01/12.

Wednesday 27 April 2011

Today's show 27/04/11 - Part 2

12:02, your programme has started, and your web site has not been updated yet....
 
1) ANDREW MARR - Andrew Marr has been criticised for taking out a super-injunction to prevent the press from reporting about his extra-marital affair. But was he right all along to protect his privacy? : We have already exchanged emails about this today, for which I thank you. I will keep my promise and listen to this. Next...
 
Yay! 12:25 and your web page has finally been updated.

2) ECONOMIC GROWTH - The latest figures show the economy is growing again, albeit slightly. Is your business in the fast lane or the slow lane when it comes to growth? Are you an optimist or a pessimist? : My business continues to get busier and busier. Thanks for asking. Next...
 
3) SURE START CENTRES - Campaigners say that Sure Start Centres are being closed as part of the cuts. Oliver James says they have become little more than a Crèche for middle class parents : We don't have children, so this is of no interest to me. Next...

4) THE ROYAL WEDDING - And finally, with the royal wedding just two days away, has your partner shocked you by suddenly coming out as a monarchist (or a republican)? : In a word: No. Why is "republican" in brackets? Surely both viewpoints have their place, don't they?
 
I didn't really learn anything from the Andrew Marr piece, but I do hope that his future employment prospects are being looked at carefully.

No comments: