Please click here for more information about who I am and why I do this.
The text shown after 1), 2), 3) and 4) is copied exactly from the BBC's daily JV Show web page and I acknowledge their copyright of this text.
The "Find out more..." links to web pages referred to by the JV Show web page are available by clicking on the text following 1), 2), 3) and 4).
"Find out more..." text is only included here when it refers to a non-BBC web page link.
You can follow my occasional postings on Twitter at @JVineBlogMan although @TheJeremyVine has blocked me from following him.
I am subject to the BBC's "expedited complaints handling process" (meaning I'll be ignored) for two years from 25/01/12.

Monday 27 June 2011

Complaint response 22/06/11

It is responses like this that make we wonder whether the BBC Complaints department actually read the messages that they receive. I specifically asked why JV's normal format was not included in the "on-air celebration of everything the UK's favourite radio station has to offer, all rolled into one day", but that was conveniently ignored. Check out the incorrect spelling of favourite too....


Reference CAS-833270-415PK8

Thanks for contacting us regarding 'Jeremy Vine and Dermot O'Leary (2Day)' broadcast on BBC Radio 2 on 22 June.

I understand that you were unhappy with the changes to the schedules on BBC Radio 2 on the 22 June to accommodate the '2Day' celebrations. I note that in particular you were unhappy with 'Jeremy Vine' being dropped from the schedules for that day.

Whilst I appreciate your disappointment, as you have said '2Day' was an on-air celebration of everything the UK's favorite radio station has to offer, all rolled into one day. Unfortunately, this meant that the normal schedules were changed for one day, but we feel that this opened up our programming to new listeners.

Nevertheless, we’re guided by the feedback we receive and I can assure you I've registered your complaint on our audience log. This is a daily report of audience feedback that's made available to all BBC staff, including members of the BBC Executive Board, channel controllers and other senior managers.

The audience logs are seen as important documents that can help shape decisions about future programming and content.

Thanks for taking the time to contact us.

Kind Regards

Mxxx Rxxxxxx
BBC Complaints
www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

1 comment:

Stonyground said...

I think that you should make allowances for the fact that Mxxx Rxxxxxx is probably a poor worker bee who has to wade through hundreds of messages every day, most of which are probably inane. Still, the idea that you were angry about JV being cancelled is quite funny.