Please click here for more information about who I am and why I do this.
The text shown after 1), 2), 3) and 4) is copied exactly from the BBC's daily JV Show web page and I acknowledge their copyright of this text.
The "Find out more..." links to web pages referred to by the JV Show web page are available by clicking on the text following 1), 2), 3) and 4).
"Find out more..." text is only included here when it refers to a non-BBC web page link.
You can follow my occasional postings on Twitter at @JVineBlogMan although @TheJeremyVine has blocked me from following him.
I am subject to the BBC's "expedited complaints handling process" (meaning I'll be ignored) for two years from 25/01/12.

Friday 17 February 2012

Today's show 17/02/12


Friday again... and I've been flitting between work and my computer since you spoke to Ken while waiting for you to update the web page. You didn't even send out your Twitter teaser this morning - what did we do to deserve that? 12:05 now, and still nothing, but the Radio 2 Facebook page has just added a promotion for your programme.

12:10 and the radio is now firmly on 6 Music. I tried to stick it out for a while until your phone guest said "A large part of me thinks...". I don't need to know what any part of him thinks.

12:20, at last we have today's irrelevancies...

1) WORKFARE SCHEME - Tesco blames a computer error for an advert for a permanent job which said the wages would only be Jobseekers' Allowance plus expenses. Campaigners say the government's workfare scheme is forcing people to do unpaid labour or lose benefits: As a self-employed sole trader, I hope you understand that I have no need to partake in this scheme. Next...

2) EX-PARTNERS - Are you someone who can't stand the sight of your ex? : No. Next...

3) ENERGY PRICES - After 1, as energy prices soar, is it time to club together with your neighbours and buy gas and electricity in bulk to cut the price? : We take the advice of Martin Lewis when choosing our fuel suppliers and feel that we have the best deal we can get, bearing in mind the rural area in which we live. I wonder if it is possible to bulk buy TV Licences and get a discount...? Next...

4) DOO-WOP - We have a doo-wop band, the Testostatones, live in the studio : My musical tastes run through prog rock, punk, 1990s dance music and a whole lot more but excludes this particular genre. You said on Ken's show that doo-wop "really is interesting" but again I would disagree.

The Jeremy Vine Show - Views and live guests, but no news today

3 comments:

gill said...

Doo all, interesting? I think not.

gill said...

Oh no, another predictive txt cock up. Barbers shop quartet next?

Stonyground said...

When it comes to music I have extremely ecclectic tastes. Just like the LL I love Prog Rock but I also love classical music, Pop, Funk, Motown and, yes, Doo Wop. Best modern doo wop band, the Overtones.