Please click here for more information about who I am and why I do this.
The text shown after 1), 2), 3) and 4) is copied exactly from the BBC's daily JV Show web page and I acknowledge their copyright of this text.
The "Find out more..." links to web pages referred to by the JV Show web page are available by clicking on the text following 1), 2), 3) and 4).
"Find out more..." text is only included here when it refers to a non-BBC web page link.
You can follow my occasional postings on Twitter at @JVineBlogMan although @TheJeremyVine has blocked me from following him.
I am subject to the BBC's "expedited complaints handling process" (meaning I'll be ignored) for two years from 25/01/12.

Wednesday 5 January 2011

Today's show 05/01/11

1) Failed contraception - As hundreds of women seek compensation after their contraceptive implant fails. Is it right to receive compensation when contraception goes wrong? : Oooohhh... a discrepancy between your web site and what you have just said on Ken's show. The web site says you are talking about contraception specifically, but your trail said that you would be discussing NHS lawsuits in general. So, which one is it then? Not that I could care less. Next...

2) Speed traps - A man was fined for flashing a warning to other drivers about a police speed trap : Man breaks law, is given a warning, argues the toss, and gets fined. Is this news? Next...

3) New Enterprise Allowance - The government wants to revive the New Enterprise Allowance scheme which allows people to set up their own business while on the dole : I already run my own business, so I wouldn't qualify. Next...

4) Dissolving corpses - Cambridge City Crematorium are proposing plans to freeze-dry and dissolve dead bodies into a goo : Cambridge. That'll be England then. Any news on the water supply problems in Northern Ireland yet? Thought not...