Please click here for more information about who I am and why I do this.
The text shown after 1), 2), 3) and 4) is copied exactly from the BBC's daily JV Show web page and I acknowledge their copyright of this text.
The "Find out more..." links to web pages referred to by the JV Show web page are available by clicking on the text following 1), 2), 3) and 4).
"Find out more..." text is only included here when it refers to a non-BBC web page link.
You can follow my occasional postings on Twitter at @JVineBlogMan although @TheJeremyVine has blocked me from following him.
I am subject to the BBC's "expedited complaints handling process" (meaning I'll be ignored) for two years from 25/01/12.

Monday 17 January 2011

Today's show 17/01/11

Hi Paddy!
I have no idea who you are, but well done for getting your web site (http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/jeremy-vine/) updated nice and early today (by 11:20). I love the misleading information...

Left column: Matthew Bannister sits in for Jeremy all this week.
Right column: Paddy O'Connell sits in for Jeremy Vine with news, views and live guests.

Can you remind me why I should believe anything you say when you cannot even get your own web site correct? Sloppy!

1) Paternity Leave - Business people are angry that 10 month paternity leave is bad for business. But are you a man who wishes he’d spent more time with his kids? : What kids are those then? Next...

2) Petrol Prices - Should rural dwellers get cheaper petrol? : This has all of the right ingredients for a heated debate including contributors talking over the top of each other, and all it will achieve is the raising of some peoples' blood pressure. I think I'll give it a miss. Next...

3) First Gulf War - Were you there? : No. Would you like me to call in with that information? Can I go on air? Next...

4) Tunisia - Have you been? : No. Ditto above. It would make scintilating listening.