Please click here for more information about who I am and why I do this.
The text shown after 1), 2), 3) and 4) is copied exactly from the BBC's daily JV Show web page and I acknowledge their copyright of this text.
The "Find out more..." links to web pages referred to by the JV Show web page are available by clicking on the text following 1), 2), 3) and 4).
"Find out more..." text is only included here when it refers to a non-BBC web page link.
You can follow my occasional postings on Twitter at @JVineBlogMan although @TheJeremyVine has blocked me from following him.
I am subject to the BBC's "expedited complaints handling process" (meaning I'll be ignored) for two years from 25/01/12.

Friday 27 May 2011

Today's show 27/05/11

A sunny day here in North Wales today, but the outlook for the weekend is looking increasingly dismal.

Talking of dismal, let's look at today's offerings:

1) RATKO MLADIC - The former Bosnian Serb commander, Ratko Mladic, has been arrested on suspicion of war crimes, but is the UN partly culpable for some of the worst atrocities carried out in Bosnia? : It is good that they got him, and nice that it coincided with the visit of EU Foreign Policy chief Catherine Ashton to Belgrade to discuss Serbia's admission to the EU (
http://www.sofiaecho.com/2011/05/25/1095210_eu-foreign-policy-chief-ashton-visiting-serbia-and-kosovo). Sceptics might say that that is more than a coincidence. Anyway, I've never been to Serbia, and have no plans to go. Next...

2) SHARON SHOESMITH - Sharon Shoesmith, the former head of social services in Haringey Council, has won her Court of Appeal battle over her sacking after the Baby P tragedy : Listening to your trail on Ken's show I was waiting for you to say "... and our studio guest is Ed Balls". Alas, those words never came. Next...

3) CAMPING - 'All the gear, but no idea.' What do first time campers need to know? : I last went camping in Scotland in 1979, so unfortunately I don't qualify as a first time camper. Next...

4) TERRY WALTON - We speak to Terry Walton on the official Jeremy Vine Show allotment: Ahhhh... sound effects gardening. Bless.

No comments: