Please click here for more information about who I am and why I do this.
The text shown after 1), 2), 3) and 4) is copied exactly from the BBC's daily JV Show web page and I acknowledge their copyright of this text.
The "Find out more..." links to web pages referred to by the JV Show web page are available by clicking on the text following 1), 2), 3) and 4).
"Find out more..." text is only included here when it refers to a non-BBC web page link.
You can follow my occasional postings on Twitter at @JVineBlogMan although @TheJeremyVine has blocked me from following him.
I am subject to the BBC's "expedited complaints handling process" (meaning I'll be ignored) for two years from 25/01/12.

Wednesday 25 May 2011

Today's show 25/05/11

I'm busy today serving the needs of my valued customers, so briefly...
 
1) RYANAIR - Ryanair boss Michael O'Leary has condemned the caution of the Civil Aviation Authority in stopping him from flying his planes through the volcanic ash. Should he be allowed to fly if he wants to? Jeremy talks to Stephen Bath; Bath Travel : I have no idea but note that a lot of Ryanair flights in and out of Bremen today are cancelled, so it seems that his issues are not just with the UK CAA but the German equivalent too. I would love to hear you interview Mr O'Leary. I am a big fan of his and just love his interviewing style and the way he gives his interviewer grief. I would drop everything to listen to Jeremy Vine vs Michael O'Leary, but unfortunately it doesn't sound like he will be on your show today. Next...
 
2) A 'SPECIAL RELATIONSHIP'? - President Obama will today address Parliament in Westminster Hall and praise what he calls the 'special relationship' between Britain and America, which has now become the 'essential relationship'. Do you still believe in the 'special relationship'? : In response to your plea on Ken's show: I DON'T CARE! Next...
 
3) SCOTTISH SECTARINISM - As the Scottish Government contemplates a new law: Has sectarianism between the Protestant and the Catholic communities in Scotland become worse than sectarianism in Northern Ireland? : Is this another "My God is better than your God" argument? Religion, don't you just love it. Next...

4) FACELIFT COMPENSATION - And finally, the woman who got £6 million compensation for a facelift operation that went wrong. Some people are saying she didn't deserve a penny : Whatever....
 
Right, back to work, and 6 Music.

No comments: