Please click here for more information about who I am and why I do this.
The text shown after 1), 2), 3) and 4) is copied exactly from the BBC's daily JV Show web page and I acknowledge their copyright of this text.
The "Find out more..." links to web pages referred to by the JV Show web page are available by clicking on the text following 1), 2), 3) and 4).
"Find out more..." text is only included here when it refers to a non-BBC web page link.
You can follow my occasional postings on Twitter at @JVineBlogMan although @TheJeremyVine has blocked me from following him.
I am subject to the BBC's "expedited complaints handling process" (meaning I'll be ignored) for two years from 25/01/12.

Friday 4 February 2011

Today's show 04/02/11

1) Liverpool - Liverpool pulls out of the government's 'Big Society' pilot. Its council leader says that spending cuts threaten the community groups that are meant to run services : Other than for about one hour last year my only other visits to Liverpool were in 1978 and 1989. Next...

2) Is there a Doctor? - Did you work in an emergency? : I feel it unlikely that anybody in the <my profession> business is going to be called on to work in an emergency situation, but I'll let you know if it ever happens. In the meantime, the answer to your question is "No". Next...

3) Cheap Flights - How to avoid the hidden extras : We rarely fly anywhere, my wife is a travel agent and a big fan of Martin Lewis, and when we do fly it is always to somewhere not served by a "budget" airline, so I suspect that this will be of no interest to me. Next...

4) Terry Walton - Joins us from his allotment : Yay! Sound effects man is back! No disrespect to Mr Walton who I am sure is an expert in his field (or should that be allotment? tee hee) but I absolutely fail to see the point of his involvement in your programme. It certainly is not news and of no interest to me.

My thanks to Pxxx for his complaint response concerning heating oil thefts. I think I must have been listening to a different programme.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: