Please click here for more information about who I am and why I do this.
The text shown after 1), 2), 3) and 4) is copied exactly from the BBC's daily JV Show web page and I acknowledge their copyright of this text.
The "Find out more..." links to web pages referred to by the JV Show web page are available by clicking on the text following 1), 2), 3) and 4).
"Find out more..." text is only included here when it refers to a non-BBC web page link.
You can follow my occasional postings on Twitter at @JVineBlogMan although @TheJeremyVine has blocked me from following him.
I am subject to the BBC's "expedited complaints handling process" (meaning I'll be ignored) for two years from 25/01/12.

Monday 7 February 2011

Today's show 07/02/11

Eyes down for another week of the lunchtime vacuum...

1) Children - A mother who left her 14 year old to look after his 3 year old brother while she went to the shops is given a police caution for cruelty. When is it acceptable to leave a child on their own? : For the umpteenth time, we have no children so this is of no interest to me. Next...

2) Former Soldier - Talks about returning from Basra : I have never been in the armed forces, and at 52 years of age it is not likely to happen now. While I have an admiration for armed services personnel who carry out their chosen profession in difficult circumstances there are other professions where people put their lives at risk every day (firemen and fishermen to name but two) yet we rarely (ever?) hear of their experiences. Why is that then? Next...

3) Ken Clarke - Justice Secretary joins us : Jolly good. I'll let you know when anything that the Justice Secretary decides affects my life, but for the moment it has no relevance to me. Next...

4) Chinese Lanterns - Hazards for planes : Oooohhh... banning! Where would the JV Show be without another banning story? It is one of the hallmarks of your show, along with factual errors, speculation, bias, disinterest, etc. Chinese lanterns were last discussed on your show in July 2009, and it was during this discussion that you said that your arms were three feet long. I've told you a million times: Don't exaggerate!

No comments: