Please click here for more information about who I am and why I do this.
The text shown after 1), 2), 3) and 4) is copied exactly from the BBC's daily JV Show web page and I acknowledge their copyright of this text.
The "Find out more..." links to web pages referred to by the JV Show web page are available by clicking on the text following 1), 2), 3) and 4).
"Find out more..." text is only included here when it refers to a non-BBC web page link.
You can follow my occasional postings on Twitter at @JVineBlogMan although @TheJeremyVine has blocked me from following him.
I am subject to the BBC's "expedited complaints handling process" (meaning I'll be ignored) for two years from 25/01/12.

Thursday 24 March 2011

Complaint response 17/03/11

Email received from BBC Complaints Department. Apparently it is acceptable for JV to hyperventilate over news items even when his listeners have no way of obtaining the information that he has and so be able to form their own opinion. Perhaps we should be grateful that we have Jeremy Vine willing to tell us what to think.


Reference CAS-661016-DQ8MYV

Thanks for contacting us regarding 'Jeremy Vine' broadcast on BBC Radio 2 on 17 March.

I understand that you felt the discussion on bullying in the programme was poor as you, and other listeners, were unable to access a video online that Jeremy referred to in the report as it had been removed by Youtube.

Whilst I appreciate your concerns, the video was removed by Youtube after the report had been prepared. It was felt that the report was detailed enough to generate discussion anyway. I am sorry you feel differently.

Nevertheless, we’re guided by the feedback we receive and I can assure you I've registered your complaint on our audience log. This is a daily report of audience feedback that's made available to all BBC staff, including members of the BBC Executive Board, channel controllers and other senior managers.

The audience logs are seen as important documents that can help shape decisions about future programming and content.

Thanks for taking the time to contact us.

Kind Regards

Mxxx Rxxxxxx
BBC Complaints

No comments: