Please click here for more information about who I am and why I do this.
The text shown after 1), 2), 3) and 4) is copied exactly from the BBC's daily JV Show web page and I acknowledge their copyright of this text.
The "Find out more..." links to web pages referred to by the JV Show web page are available by clicking on the text following 1), 2), 3) and 4).
"Find out more..." text is only included here when it refers to a non-BBC web page link.
You can follow my occasional postings on Twitter at @JVineBlogMan although @TheJeremyVine has blocked me from following him.
I am subject to the BBC's "expedited complaints handling process" (meaning I'll be ignored) for two years from 25/01/12.

Tuesday 29 March 2011

Today's show 29/03/11

I'm a bit busy today, so brevity is in order...

1) HAVE YOU HAD A GOOD NO-WIN, NO-FEE EXPERIENCE? - The no-win, no-fee industry is being curbed by the government – but were you someone who had a great experience with a solicitor who helped you sue? : I've never this particular service. Next...

2) IS IT FAIR GAME TO DEMONSTRATE AGAINST THE ROYAL WEDDING? The police may get new powers for the Royal Wedding. But if you're a Republican, isn't it fair game to demonstrate against it? : I have no idea nor sufficient interest to even think about it. Next...

3) PARENTING: LIBERAL VERSUS STRICT - After 1.00, our parenting week continues: The most important job in the world. Today, liberal versus strict. Which works best – hard cop or soft cop? : Not being a parent, I have no idea or interest. Next...

4) HAS SUPERGLUE LOST ITS MAGICAL POWERS? - The inventor of Superglue has died. When it came out it was a sensation, but did it lose its magical powers? : As somebody who has used cyanoacrylate adhesives since the mid-1970s I can tell you (a) that it is not nor has ever been magical, (b) it sticks some things together, but not all, (c) it has its limitations, and (d) other adhesives are often superior.

Perhaps you'll be discussing bias in BBC news reports tomorrow....?

Back to work now...

No comments: