Please click here for more information about who I am and why I do this.
The text shown after 1), 2), 3) and 4) is copied exactly from the BBC's daily JV Show web page and I acknowledge their copyright of this text.
The "Find out more..." links to web pages referred to by the JV Show web page are available by clicking on the text following 1), 2), 3) and 4).
"Find out more..." text is only included here when it refers to a non-BBC web page link.
You can follow my occasional postings on Twitter at @JVineBlogMan although @TheJeremyVine has blocked me from following him.
I am subject to the BBC's "expedited complaints handling process" (meaning I'll be ignored) for two years from 25/01/12.

Monday 21 March 2011

Today's show 21/03/11

Can nobody be bothered to update your web site today? No "Read more here"? No in-depth descriptions ended with an obtuse question?

Oh, hang on, somebody just has at 11:49. Finally I have some material to work with...

1) LIBYA: HAS IT GONE TOO FAR? - When you heard there was going to be a no-fly zone over Libya, did you expect missile strikes and possibly even an attempt to kill Colonel Gaddafi? Has it all gone a bit too far? : "We are looking for reactions to this".... Well, keep looking because you won't find one here. Next...

2) HITCH-HIKING IN A FUEL CRISIS - Lots of drivers don't pick up hitch-hikers. Will the fuel crisis mean you start to? : I've never hitch-hiked, and never would. About 15 years ago I picked up a hitch-hiker, and never would again. Next...

3) BANKING: YOUR MONEY STAYING IN YOUR ACCOUNT - We hear from the fishmonger who says that when he pays money into his bank, he wants it to stay there – not to be invested or gambled with : Has he considered buying his own safe? Does your progamme get more pointless than this? Next...

4) WERE YOUR PARENT'S STRANGERS TO YOU? - Is there one key piece of advice you would give to other parents? The Prime Minister, David Cameron says it's simple; it's spending time with your children. If he can find the time, then surely you can. Were your parent's strangers to you? - Good to see that the infamous Greengrocer's Apostrophe is alive and well at the BBC. In answer to your question: No, they were not. If I had children this may be relevant, but I don't, so it isn't. However, I did spend time with my parents yesterday. Does that count?

Can't you just tell its a Monday ... with only one real news story out of today's four topics. Do ever just stop and think to yourself, "What's the point of my programme?". No? I do. Frequently.

It is only two weeks until I start listening to 6 Music. I can't wait.

No comments: